Grilled tartine with Shak-Shuka, buffalo mozzarella, and mint
- 340g (1 jar) Les Moulins Mahjoub Shak-Shuka
- 4 large slices wheat bread
- 4 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup (7oz / 200g) buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 4 tbsp Les Moulins Mahjoub natural black olive spread
- 8 Les Moulins Mahjoub Natural Meski Olives Lemon & Fennel
- 1 small bunch fresh mint
- 3 to 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Shak-Shuka is a traditional dish originating in Tunisia. It means “mixture” or “shaken” in the Tunisian dialect of Arabic. Three simple ingredients (tomatoes, peppers, and onions) are lovingly cooked down.
Toast the bread so it will hold together well.
Lightly butter the bread. Spread on the Shak-Shuka, strained if necessary.
Dot with the mozzarella. Distribute the black olive spread and the green olives cut in 2.
Place under the broiler (oven grill) for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mozzarella begins to brown.
Off the grill, finish with the mint leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
Serve the remaining Shak-Shuka on the side.